Sign in to follow this  
DaBirdwatcher

Amari to resign in Dallas

Jerry is really loading all his cap money on Zeke, Cooper and soon Dak.   He still thinks it's 1993 and he can bring back Aikman, Emmitt and Irvin.   

Bahahaha. 

I get that you can manipulate the cap to an extent, but they are going to be tying up a ridiculous percentage of their cap space in just three players once Dak is signed. They do know they need 50 other players, right?

26 minutes ago, nipples said:

Bahahaha. 

I get that you can manipulate the cap to an extent, but they are going to be tying up a ridiculous percentage of their cap space in just three players once Dak is signed. They do know they need 50 other players, right?

I second that.

1 hour ago, nipples said:

They do know they need 50 other players, right?

I think that's breaking news to Jerry...

I love it.  Jerry destroying that team financially for the next 5 years is awesome.  

21 hours ago, nipples said:

Bahahaha. 

Sure they can, they can fire the other players and sign players on minimum wage. 

Dak franchised and he is surely pissed off. Love it!

He may even pull a Coupons and leave Dallas looking to draft another QB LMAO

This actually seems like a fine deal for the Cowboys to me. It's $20 million a year for two years, then each remaining year is just a team option for $20 million. If he is still playing at a high level, then the salary is fine. If he isn't, they can get rid of him or pressure him to restructure. Not sure why he signed this. 

That being said, here's to hoping the Cowboys go 0-16. 

On 3/18/2020 at 8:15 AM, mcm222 said:

This actually seems like a fine deal for the Cowboys to me. It's $20 million a year for two years, then each remaining year is just a team option for $20 million. If he is still playing at a high level, then the salary is fine. If he isn't, they can get rid of him or pressure him to restructure. Not sure why he signed this. 

Worst time to be a FA WR because, given the depth at the position, 31 other teams figure they can get a good WR in the draft...and they may be right...lol.

Dallas has been very good with their cap space over the last 6-8 years since Stephen Jones took over. They are in better shape then you guys. They will sign Dak at some point. I know you guys hate Dallas and they hate you. Dak has his faults but he is just a step or two behind Wentz in talent but can stay healthy and most would say is a better leader. 
We are loosing Fredrick which is sad and will hurt as well as Cobb and a few other looses but that is how we manage our cap space. 

4 hours ago, gch said:

Dallas has been very good with their cap space over the last 6-8 years since Stephen Jones took over. They are in better shape then you guys. They will sign Dak at some point. I know you guys hate Dallas and they hate you. Dak has his faults but he is just a step or two behind Wentz in talent but can stay healthy and most would say is a better leader. 

Have they? At one point they were paying out a lot of money for guys who were no longer on the roster. They ere paying a lot of cap money to Romo who was sat in the booth. 

Dak is a good QB no doubt, I'd agree he's a step or two behind Wentz in terms of talent but he has stayed healthy. But he's going to get a monster contract and when you add that to Cooper, Lawrence and Zeke that's going to screw you. 

20 hours ago, gch said:

We are loosing Fredrick which is sad and will hurt as well as Cobb and a few other looses but that is how we manage our cap space. 

Dallas is nowhere close to being in better shape than the Eagles cap wise, are you kidding me? 

Dak is a good QB but he isn't Wentz and that has been shown over and over and over again. Stop with this better leader crap. If he was a better leader, why did Amari take a shot at him after the Patriots game? Why did Amari quit (allegedly) in the last Philly game? Did you see his body language every time Dak missed a throw? Meanwhile, on the opposite side of the field, Carson was playing with and leading "no names" to victory.  

17 minutes ago, LesDawg1978 said:

Dallas is nowhere close to being in better shape than the Eagles cap wise, are you kidding me? 

Dak is a good QB but he isn't Wentz and that has been shown over and over and over again. Stop with this better leader crap. If he was a better leader, why did Amari take a shot at him after the Patriots game? Why did Amari quit (allegedly) in the last Philly game? Did you see his body language every time Dak missed a throw? Meanwhile, on the opposite side of the field, Carson was playing with and leading "no names" to victory.  

Hey he isn’t Wentz and Wentz isn’t Dak. 
Wentz is just so fragile and has a deep injury history. I said Dak is a step behind Wentz but Dak has him beat on head to head wins and overall wins. Give me QB that will be on the field game after game then a QB that just can’t stay healthy.  You guys use to kill Romo and Lee for being injury prone.  
as far as Cap space Dallas does have a very good WR and RB. Eagles have Sanders and if he continues to his pace you will be paying him big bucks as well. If you have an elite WR you will be paying him as well. 
Dallas having a QB, WR, and RB is not a weakness like you would suggest. It’s good drafting. 

On 3/18/2020 at 5:15 AM, mcm222 said:

Thats not realistic. I am more than happy with them going 7-9 and/or last place in the nfce.

47 minutes ago, gch said:

Hey he isn’t Wentz and Wentz isn’t Dak. 
Wentz is just so fragile and has a deep injury history. I said Dak is a step behind Wentz but Dak has him beat on head to head wins and overall wins. Give me QB that will be on the field game after game then a QB that just can’t stay healthy.  You guys use to kill Romo and Lee for being injury prone.  
as far as Cap space Dallas does have a very good WR and RB. Eagles have Sanders and if he continues to his pace you will be paying him big bucks as well. If you have an elite WR you will be paying him as well. 
Dallas having a QB, WR, and RB is not a weakness like you would suggest. It’s good drafting. 

Carson just completed a full season, what are you talking about? 

GMs will always take the better QB. What good is it to have a healthy QB and you still can't make the playoffs and he's asking to be the highest paid QB in the league? 

On 4/3/2020 at 8:10 PM, gch said:

You might be going a tad too far back.  The last two Romo restructures were :facepalm:

17 hours ago, LesDawg1978 said:

Howie has been running the team similar to Vinny Cerratos R words the past few years. He has been pissing away draft picks in trades (league low over the past 2 years with 10 total) and pushing cap hits into the future so we are paying for guys that arnt here.  Im not talking about cuts, im talking about legit FAs, like Darby this year (2.8 million in dead cap space despite being a UFA) and several contrats he made this year that will bite us in the year after the contract is fulfilled.  That minimizes your future flexability and forces you to do ill advised restructures, like Alshon.

On 4/5/2020 at 10:40 AM, LilStunna24 said:

Once they pay Dak, Cowboys will have no real future

Yea ok whatever lol this is a joke. 
I guess they will just fold up shop and shut down the team.