Sign in to follow this  
ManchesterEagle

Tom Brady confirms he is leaving Pats, expected to join Buccaneers

Ding dong the witch is dead.  I hope Brady sucks at whatever team he winds up on and the Pats erode back into mediocrity.

10 minutes ago, The Norseman said:

Ding dong the witch is dead.  I hope Brady sucks at whatever team he winds up on and the Pats erode back into mediocrity.

I suspect both will happen. Brady can still play, but he needs the right team and system around him and I don't see a natural fit with the Titans and 49ers both not interested.

Pats - I'm not getting my hopes up, but hopefully this is finally the end of their dynasty.

39 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

No new team yet but has said goodbye to New England.

Wow.

Wow is right. Who would even want a 43 year old QB?

25 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

I suspect both will happen. Brady can still play, but he needs the right team and system around him and I don't see a natural fit with the Titans and 49ers both not interested.

Pats - I'm not getting my hopes up, but hopefully this is finally the end of their dynasty.

He needs and airtight O-line and system that matches his noodle armed, elderly state.  Neither of which are available at most of the franchises he'd be looking at.  I anticipate that his career will end with a lot of losses, poor play and frequent adult tantrums and blaming of others.  Good riddance to this POS.

11 minutes ago, Prime said:

Wow is right. Who would even want a 43 year old QB?

A friend of mine said it best - he is an Owner's dream and a Head Coach's nightmare.

4 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

A friend of mine said it best - he is an Owner's dream and a Head Coach's nightmare.

Other than selling a few more tickets I can't even see why he'd be desirable for owners.  If he comes in an busts (high probability) then they'll be crucified.  

1 minute ago, The Norseman said:

Other than selling a few more tickets I can't even see why he'd be desirable for owners.  If he comes in an busts (high probability) then they'll be crucified.  

Shirts/Merchandise/team exposure/more prime time games. Doubt the fans of either the Bucs or the Chargers would be furious at the owner if they brought in Brady, even if he flames out.

1 minute ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Shirts/Merchandise/team exposure/more prime time games. Doubt the fans of either the Bucs or the Chargers would be furious at the owner if they brought in Brady, even if he flames out.

You've got to offset his cost though, he still thinks he can play and start...so he's not going to come cheap.  I dunno, I just don't think the demand for him will be that high. He should have just done the honorable thing and retired as a Patriot.  But as always, he's driven by vanity and greed.

F his cheater ukn face.  I hope he goes somewhere with a ish offensive line and pass happy coach.  Let him get sacked 90 times.  

Tom's going to bring his deflated balls to the Chargers.  They need a marquee player to try to generate interest in LA and his wife would probably want to live in LA due to her connection to fashion/entertainment.  I don't want him here, but I think this is somewhat planned because the Chargers move to LA has been a failure so far.

I think Tampa is the only realistic landing spot. The team has some good offensive talent and the division is weak outside of the Saints.

6 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

Tom's going to bring his deflated balls to the Chargers.  They need a marquee player to try to generate interest in LA and his wife would probably want to live in LA due to her connection to fashion/entertainment.  I don't want him here, but I think this is somewhat planned because the Chargers move to LA has been a failure so far.

This is what I think.

Just now, ManchesterEagle said:

This is what I think.

Plus he just created a production company and LA would be better to get that started vs. Tampa.

From where I'm sitting, the NFL needs Brady to sign with the Las Vegas Raiders.  The league wants to make a splash in Vegas, and what better way to do so than have Brady sign on for a year or so to close out his career there.

6 minutes ago, Procus said:

From where I'm sitting, the NFL needs Brady to sign with the Las Vegas Raiders.  The league wants to make a splash in Vegas, and what better way to do so than have Brady sign on for a year or so to close out his career there.

They just signed Mariota. They would've probably dealt Carr by now if that was the plan.  

Anyone else think that he is doing this so that he forces Kraft's hand to pay him?  If Brady made any mention of coming back to the Patriots, then Kraft could use that as leverage and give him slightly less money.  Brady needs to make Kraft and the organization poop their pants about this in order to get what he wants.

22 minutes ago, xzmattzx said:

Brady needs to make Kraft and the organization poop their pants about this in order to get what he wants.

Perhaps but I'm not sure why the Pats would poop their pants at this. He's simply not that good anymore and long term they need to find an answer. 

2 hours ago, CaliEagle said:

I agree and it's an awful match.  Lynn specifically said he was getting rid of Rivers so he could finally install the offense he wants with a mobile Qb.  He went from a statue to a monument.

2 hours ago, The Norseman said:

You've got to offset his cost though, he still thinks he can play and start...so he's not going to come cheap.  I dunno, I just don't think the demand for him will be that high. He should have just done the honorable thing and retired as a Patriot.  But as always, he's driven by vanity and greed.

Teams still have to spend a minimum amount of money though. So I don't think the gap of offset cost is as much as it really seems. 

1 hour ago, xzmattzx said:

Anyone else think that he is doing this so that he forces Kraft's hand to pay him?  If Brady made any mention of coming back to the Patriots, then Kraft could use that as leverage and give him slightly less money.  Brady needs to make Kraft and the organization poop their pants about this in order to get what he wants.

Why would they be concerned about him leaving? They’re smart enough to see that he’s DONE, and likely don’t even want him back at last year’s salary, let alone paying him more money. 

26 minutes ago, nipples said:

Why would they be concerned about him leaving? They’re smart enough to see that he’s DONE, and likely don’t even want him back at last year’s salary, let alone paying him more money. 

Because it's expected?  Packers/Favre, Jeter/yanks, Ripken/Orioles.  Friggin Eli Manning's corpse kept playing for the Giants THREE YEARS after he was toast and the fans revolted when they benched him.  To get rid of Brady at the first sign of decline, despite getting back to the quarterfinals and with no Wr's on the roster...  JFC, I lost my head when we let Dawkins go.  Anything resembling that players last decent season should be in your team's uniform and Brady was still an average NFL Qb last year.  

Is it the right decision in a totally bloodless analysis?  I'm not even sure of that.  Are they rebuilding from scratch?  Is there a better Qb available who can get lead THIS team to SB's right now?  I don't see Steve Young or Aaron Rodgers on the roster over there.  

This will have serious repercussions with fan base.

Please be the Chargers. Or Raiders. Or anyone else! :P