Sign in to follow this  
KingxEagles

Tom Brady or Bill Belichick?

Trouble is Brady isn't going to land in a good spot given how things have shaken out now so we won't really know. 

1 hour ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Belichick he has had no problems winning without Brady. 

Before Brady was his fulltime starting QB, his coaching record was 41-56.

To be fair and not cheat, most of that was with the Browns.

watch the Patriots suffer without Tom

I'm just glad that the duo is done. Bills and Dolphins looked like they finally wanted to fight for the division last season. We'll see

12 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Trouble is Brady isn't going to land in a good spot given how things have shaken out now so we won't really know. 

I don’t think his spot matters much. It’s his age. His arm is shot. He would need a massively dominating offense around him to be successful at this point, and KC comes the closest to fitting that bill. Their QB position is filled quite well however. 

3 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I don’t think his spot matters much. It’s his age. His arm is shot. He would need a massively dominating offense around him to be successful at this point, and KC comes the closest to fitting that bill. Their QB position is filled quite well however. 

I just think for him personally like Tampa aren't a contender so that's a strange move?

31 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I just think for him personally like Tampa aren't a contender so that's a strange move?

That’s a double edged sword though. If a team is a contender, it’s probably because they have a QB, in which case, they don’t need him. 

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

That’s a double edged sword though. If a team is a contender, it’s probably because they have a QB, in which case, they don’t need him. 

Well that's true... But I think part of this is the potential teams that were out there that have now subsequently filled their starting position.

This is most likely going to be an apples to oranges comparison. 

1 hour ago, Boss Hawg said:

Pats went 11-5 with Cassel in 2008, although they didn't make the playoffs.

And went 3-1 with Jimmy G/Brissett the year Brady was suspended 4 games. So overall record in games Brady has missed: 14-6. 

So yeah, I’d say the patriot success has more to do with Belichick (and cheating) than Brady. 

Belichick was a failure in Cleveland and in New England before Brady landed in his lap. Dude lost the division to Chad F'in Pennington when Brady got hurt, with a roster that had gone 16-0 the year before.