Havenless

Nick Foles is the New a Starting Quarterback of The Chicago Bears

I get the underlying conspiracy theory that he’s only good when he plays for Philadelphia, but what I don’t get is why these teams are investing so much into him only to give him the shortest leash in the NFL

11 minutes ago, Havenless said:

I get the underlying conspiracy theory that he’s only good when he plays for Philadelphia, but what I don’t get is why these teams are investing so much into him only to give him the shortest leash in the NFL

Agree I don't like how he's been jerked around during his career.

Jacksonville needs TE help. If they want  a QB to pan out there, they better upgrade their TEs and WRs.  It was a mistake for Foles to go there, but you have to go wherever there are openings.

He is not the new starting QB. ESPN said he is the backup and might have a shot at competing but Trubisky will head into camp the starter. Also the whole Nagy has worked with him means zero. Jacksonville built their offense for him. Hired DeFlippo in hopes of landing him. It was by far the best fit for him and he struggled. Minshew, a 6th rd rookie, meanwhile looked good, better than rookies like Murray and Jones. 

"ESPN's Ed Werder reported Monday the Bears were looking to add Foles or Andy Dalton, which spoke volumes about how the front office viewed Trubisky.

Chicago wasn't going to head into another year with a career backup such as Chase Daniel as the only alternative. Foles is expected to compete with Trubisky, who will head into camp as the team's starter but on a very short leash."

He also is not an upgrade over Trubisky 

In their last 16 starts

Trubisky: 18td/10int, 2 rushing td (8-8 record)

Foles: 19td/11int, 1 receiving td (8-8 record)

Interesting to also note that 10 of those 19td by Foles game in three games. 

Foles is on his 5th team since 2016. Benched twice now, on IR three times. Lost 3 starting jobs. Love what we did with the guy but he is a very unreliable starter. Best hope for Chicago is to let Trubisky start, he falters and Foles comes off the bench

Foles when named starter week 1: 
23td, 22int, 11 fumbles in 23 games w/ a 10-13 record

Foles when he starts season as a backup
48td, 13int, 22 fumbles in 35 games w/ a 16-9 record

7 minutes ago, Jason1978 said:

Foles is on his 5th team since 2016. Benched twice now, on IR three times. Lost 3 starting jobs. Love what we did with the guy but he is a very unreliable starter. Best hope for Chicago is to let Trubisky start, he falters and Foles comes off the bench

Foles when named starter week 1: 
23td, 22int, 11 fumbles in 23 games w/ a 10-13 record

Foles when he starts season as a backup
48td, 13int, 22 fumbles in 35 games w/ a 16-9 record

It seems like he excels when he has no pressure to build up.    I'll always savor the memory of how he stepped up and just lights out played in the NFCCG and SB.  

I called this yesterday:

On 3/17/2020 at 1:18 PM, paco said:

I'm going with the Bears.

They need a QB.

They always screw up picking the right one

giphy.gif

I dont think he got a fair shot in Jacksonville and they got lucky with Minchew. I think under Nagy who is familar with Foles, I see some QB competition for Bisky

9 minutes ago, ericgt said:

I can't seem to get it why Nick can't thrive outside of Philly.  What is it?

No disrespect to Nick Foles but what he did here will never be done again by him anywhere else. Everything seemed to line up during that SB run and I'm glad it did.

13 minutes ago, ericgt said:

I can't seem to get it why Nick can't thrive outside of Philly.  What is it?

He’s just not that good. He’s way too streaky to be your starting QB. We got lucky and got him at his best for 2 1/2 games in the 2017 playoffs (he was pretty awful first half against ATL). Other than that, he’s been either red hot or ice cold throughout his career. Not much in between. 

29 minutes ago, manz2821 said:

I dont think he got a fair shot in Jacksonville and they got lucky with Minchew. I think under Nagy who is familar with Foles, I see some QB competition for Bisky

That's exactly what happened.  Foles was INJURED in Game 1 and with all the Jags problems outside of QB didn't really have a fair shot.

This probably puts heat on Trubisky to live up to why he was picked second overall or he may be out. 

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

@downundermike

I guess he'll be over on a Bears board now, huh?

As for that Jags board:

Their Nick Foles trade thread (not sure if they're happy or pissed)

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.php?tid=32497

They do not seem very upset.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

They do not seem very upset.

They're idiots... err, I mean Jags fans... well, same difference lol.

4 hours ago, GNS_CLFD said:

Is he being given the job now or is he competing with Trubisky in training camp?

No matter what anyone says Foles will start.   Foles is a system QB and he simply fits in this system better than Mitch.  Also the OC and QB coach know a lot more about Foles than Trubisky having coached Nick in the past.   As for Nagy I think this was his move after admitting at the combine he may have to tailor the offense around Trubisky rather than run his version of the KC offense.