Sign in to follow this  
vikas83

Travis Frederick Retires

Not sure of the cap implications. 

5 minutes ago, brdawk20 said:

Say what you want about him being a Cowboy, but he was one hell of a player.

I perused a couple Cowboys boards. A bunch of scumbags bashing him for F'ing the team and whatnot.

37 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

Not sure of the cap implications. 

If im reading it right, its an 11 million dead cap charge.  So they will "save" $935k

16 minutes ago, paco said:

If im reading it right, its an 11 million dead cap charge.  So they will "save" $935k

This is BS for a team.

Oh, well

1 hour ago, boogyman said:

I perused a couple Cowboys boards. A bunch of scumbags bashing him for F'ing the team and whatnot.

Link?

I hope the dude is okay. I hate the Cowpokes but never wish injury or illness on anybody. He was a great center and made our rivalry better.

Good for him! Sucks! The timing sucks, but family comes first. I don’t think anything is wrong with him, he recovered after his illness with G-B syndrome. Enjoy your family!

20 minutes ago, cowboy_ron said:

Link?

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/travis-frederick-is-retiring.454784/

" I wish him failure in whatever he does after football."

That was the worst I read. A few more about his timing and how he "screwed them like Witten did". Only read 2 or 3 pages on that thread.

Most wished him well. But a lot more negative than i would have expected. 

2 minutes ago, boogyman said:

That was the worst I read. A few more about his timing and how he "screwed them like Witten did". Only read 2 or 3 pages on that thread.

Let’s not act like Tate would be any different. There’s bad apples in every fan base, so why is it even a talking point?

9 minutes ago, cowboy30 said:

Let’s not act like Tate would be any different. There’s bad apples in every fan base, so why is it even a talking point?

Link?

54 minutes ago, boogyman said:

Sup fam 

Risen Star is a dope but he’s the forum’s lovable troll. He’s actually the most liked poster on the board. Probably just a joke that didn’t land well. 

much love 

edit - I’m trying to type something that isn’t "dope” but it keeps getting autocorrected. He’s a horses a** 

This is a big loss for the Cowboys.    His priorities are his wife and kids now.  It sounds like he might still be having effects from GB syndrome.     

With all he's been through, the earlier than expected exit from the game isn't a shock. He was a terrific player.

He will be missed for his play on the field and his leadership off the field. 
I hope is ok and certainly wish him nothing but the best. 
This will be a big loss for our OL. 

He says in his goodbye letter, that he played for some very successful teams. Did he play for another NFL team we don’t know about?

:whistle:

Seriously though, I hope for him going forward, he has no health problems. 

On a side note, while the biased Eagle fan in me welcomes any salary cap complications this causes for Dallas, the objective NFL fan in me believes that any player who retires, (or even passes away while under contract), should not incur cap penalties against a team. Cap charges should only occur when the player’s removal from the team was by their own doing. 

19 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

He says in his goodbye letter, that he played for some very successful teams. Did he play for another NFL team we don’t know about?

🤣🤣🤣

Certainly can't have been talking about the Cowboys. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

🤣🤣🤣

Certainly can't have been talking about the Cowboys. 

College?

16 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

:whistle:

Seriously though, I hope for him going forward, he has no health problems. 

On a side note, while the biased Eagle fan in me welcomes any salary cap complications this causes for Dallas, the objective NFL fan in me believes that any player who retires, (or even passes away while under contract), should not incur cap penalties against a team. Cap charges should only occur when the player’s removal from the team was by their own doing. 

Teams would exploit that massively. Restructure salaries into signing bonuses for guys they know are about to retire. 

Yup, they are off the hook for their base salary, but all guarenteed money becomes due.

As a happy medium, id suggest treating retirements like post june 1st cuts.

7 hours ago, vikas83 said:

Teams would exploit that massively. Restructure salaries into signing bonuses for guys they know are about to retire. 

Fair point. 

On 3/23/2020 at 9:13 PM, #TeamCowboys said:

Sup fam 

Risen Star is a dope but he’s the forum’s lovable troll. He’s actually the most liked poster on the board. Probably just a joke that didn’t land well. 

much love 

edit - I’m trying to type something that isn’t "dope” but it keeps getting autocorrected. He’s a horses a** 

FB_IMG_1585316349694.jpg