Sign in to follow this  
Iron_Eagle_04

What good options are left at WR in FA?

I haven't been following this to closely,   bad time as I'm sure you all can imagine with this pandemic. 

But does anyone know if anyone serviceable out there who may be able to help us via trade or FA?   Or will this have to be addressed in the draft?

Yeah I second Anderson and also second the fact that he'll get too much money.  Him and Byron Jones certainly captained the offseason media hype train....

Every mock I've seen has us taking Justin Jefferson from LSU.

That's probably going to be the case unless something like an Ngakoue trade happens before the draft...Where we trade away our first rounder..

i don't think we need a superstar,  just someone who is serviceable for more depth.   We could look to the draft for a future stud.   But I haven't followed college football in several years so not sure what is out there.   We also have Djax returning but can't count on him staying healthy though he hopefully does. 

Impact player - Robby Anderson, Brashad Perriman

High end role player - Taylor Gabriel

Throw a dart at the wall blindfolded and hope it hits - Devin Funchess, Rashard Higgins, Tajae Sharpe, Philip Dorsett, Paul Richardson

I'd be happy if we got Perriman. With the WR's in the upcoming draft, this weak FA WR market has been suppressed. These guys are still probably seeking too much money. We need to play the waiting game and see if someones willing to come down off their expectations a bit. 

Anderson is still out there. Perriman is still out there. Dorsett is too. There are definitely still options on the market and I hope at some point Howie brings one in. He's potentially just waiting for their prices to drop given so far the lack of any move. 

11 hours ago, Mortimer said:

Not much left, now that Agholor signed.

:thumbsup:

If they can secure Perriman and get one of the top 5 WRs in the draft.....they'll be in good shape.  Like to see Jeffrey come back early too, but who knows.

And I think the practice squad guys will battle it out in camp. Green, Davis, Burnett and Michel...one of them will earn a spot on the roster.

Perriman would not excite me at all. He was the next WR picked in the draft (#26) when Agholor was picked by the Eagles at #20. Back in 2015 I had Perriman pegged as the WR the Eagles would take, figuring Agholor would go right before the Eagles pick. Perriman was eventually cut by the Ravens and bounced around a couple of teams. Perriman never really caught on. Take him as a veteran tryout in camp. I'm not convinced he would make the cut.

There goes Robby Anderson...

What is with the Perriman love? He hasn't been any better the agholor. Sure he's fast but, who cares if you can't use it to actually make plays?

3 hours ago, toolg said:

Was that too much???

3 hours ago, toolg said:

<_< 

Breshad Perriman is heading to his fourth franchise in as many seasons, but this time he's coming off the best year of his career.

Perriman is signing with the Jets on a one-year deal in which he can earn up to $8 million with $6 million guaranteed, NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported, per Perriman's agent, on Tuesday evening.

A first-round bust for the Ravens selected 26th in the 2015 NFL Draft, Perriman made his way to the Browns in 2018, but the trade for Odell Beckham essentially crowded the receiver room and Perriman made it to Tampa in 2019.

Perriman's 645 yards receiving and six touchdowns that he tallied with the Buccaneers last year were each career-highs and had him tabbed as the No. 68 free agent in the NFL.com 101.

Now, on the same day as news of Robby Anderson making his way to the Panthers, the Jets fill a need at receiver with Perriman, hoping they'll see the 2019 version.

link: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001107453/article/wr-perriman-signing-with-jets-for-1-year-up-to-8m

5 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

Breshad Perriman is heading to his fourth franchise in as many seasons, but this time he's coming off the best year of his career

Perriman gone, Anderson gone. I mean I know none of the FA WRs are studs but what on earth is Howie doing? He's putting it all on the draft where historically he's not done very well at a lot of positions. 

What else is there? Unless there's a trade coming... I know a lot of fans felt like Jeffery was out the door. At this point, I don't think so. The 2020 Eagles will go into the season with Jeffery, DJax, JJAW, and some young guys. Hopefully a rookie or two from the draft.

With his foot injury don't see Jeffery being much help until later on in the season. Also, with all the locker room stuff that has been said not sure if other players want him back. But, if Howie is counting only on the draft then and can't trade Jeffery then we are stuck with him. Releasing him can be done but so far, even with the new CBA so things are up in the air. WR'S are a hit and miss plus many don't do much in the first year. Maybe Howie does not see this year as being super competitive so he is basically looking at this year and next as getting all the right players for the Eagles future.

Something like 20 WR's are going to be taken just in rds 1-3.  There is another batch of 4th-5th rd prospects that is also better than usual.  That means that there are going to be PLENTY of trade and waiver wire options after the draft.