Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wayne1126

VIRGINIA

lolol

What happened exactly

4532990[/snapback]

Well, if you've been there, you know that it's also a Red Sox bar...so there were some, actually a significant number, of Pats fans in there that night. Of course they said nothing during the whole game, but got their liquor courage when the game ended. These disgusting, old, white-trash women kept taunting me while I settled my tab--hey, I'm not too proud to admit I had tears running down my face. They were drunk, screaming, throwing things at me, it was just terrible. I said some not nice words back about their appearance. The one chick lunged at me and I put my hand up to protect my face and she smacked it away from me and told me to "grow some balls and fight". I smacked her as hard as I could--it felt so good, I can't even tell you. The next thing I knew, I was being dragged out by a bartender and a bouncer, who were telling me never to come back. And--that's the end of me watching sports @ Rhino!!

I've never snapped like that, but I just couldn't take this bizatch in my face any longer right at the end of that game. The only thing I'm not proud of is that my little brothers and stepsisters were there with me, and they saw me get like that. However, they also know their big sis will not take much crap. flex.gif

So, there's your entertaining story for the day.

Born and rasied in North east Philly (Port Richmond), Stationed in Norfolk, Va. Been here for almost a year. I usually go up to Philly to watch the games. if not I need to find a good sports bar down here to watch the games. hopefully something pretty close. that way i dont have to worry bout getting to drunk and having to drive...

i live in woodbridge......anyone know if Brittany's will be carrying the game tonight. i can't recall if they get preseason (non-nationally televised) game.

Richmond here.

Moved here from Philly in Dec. 04. This is my first full season away from Philly since I moved to Philly in 1990 (at age 11).

Any places to catch the games here?

I hate Comcast.  thumbdown.gif

4536220[/snapback]

just got here myself. I brought the NFL ticket with me, but the damn trees in this subdivision won't give me a signal. So comcast is it. That sports bar down by Hooters on Broad is the only place i've heard that will show the games.

2 notes for DC/VA/MD fans:

1) I think tomorrow night's game is being shown at ESPN Zone downtown in the District and at the Crystal City Sports Pub on 23rd St. in Crystal City, VA. John @ CCSP is fantastic and will find the game for you on ETN--they have all kinds of satellites and I highly endorse this place. The fans of other teams that frequent the bar are pretty cool, too.

2) I've discovered a new Birds bar in DC if anyone would like to start visiting it--it just opened, the owner is a Philly fan. It's the Ventnor Sports Cafe on 18th Street in Adams Morgan in the District. Yeah, yeah, 18th St. is a pain in the a** on Fri/Sat nights but calm on Sundays. The owner is a Birds fan, they have Sunday drink specials (25 cent wings and $3 drafts all day, and they are starting a pitcher special but I am not sure what), HD flat screens, and all the free popcorn you can eat. thumbup.gif Plus my condo is right around the corner so you never know when I may host post-game celebrations towel.gif

2) I've discovered a new Birds bar in DC if anyone would like to start visiting it--it just opened, the owner is a Philly fan. It's the Ventnor Sports Cafe on 18th Street in Adams Morgan in the District. Yeah, yeah, 18th St. is a pain in the a** on Fri/Sat nights but calm on Sundays. The owner is a Birds fan, they have Sunday drink specials (25 cent wings and $3 drafts all day, and they are starting a pitcher special but I am not sure what), HD flat screens, and all the free popcorn you can eat.  thumbup.gif Plus my condo is right around the corner so you never know when I may host post-game celebrations  towel.gif

4584308[/snapback]

Awesome, thanks for the info.

And good job sticking up to the Boston fans. I'm amazed that the bartender actually remembered you. Maybe because not that many girls get booted from the bar. I've been kicked out of dozens of bars in DC and have yet to have someone recognize me when I came back.

I may be at CCSB tonight too, I go there quite often for games.

2 notes for DC/VA/MD fans:

1) I think tomorrow night's game is being shown at ESPN Zone downtown in the District and at the Crystal City Sports Pub on 23rd St. in Crystal City, VA. John @ CCSP is fantastic and will find the game for you on ETN--they have all kinds of satellites and I highly endorse this place. The fans of other teams that frequent the bar are pretty cool, too. 

I am visiting from out of town and just asked CCSP if they are carrying the game tonight and they listed 4 other pre-season games they were trying to get...no guarantees...she was very nice and said she'd recommend ESPN zone or a bar called Bailey's if i wanted to see the eagles game.

i think i will be hitting up uncle jed's in bethesda tonight. its usually a redskins bar but since they have sunday ticket, i usually watch the games there.

i think i will be watching PSU games there this year too. caddies in bethesda is supposedly the psu bar but its a little too damn preppy/frat boy-ish for me.

i will have to check out that place in adams morgan next week.

i'm not a fan of rhino bar cause its a pain to get to, georgetown is a nice place to visit once every 3-4 months.

Ventnor Sports Cafe:

A Philly Fan take.

It is, oddly enough, at the intersection of Belmont and 18th, a onimous location if I may say so myself. Ominous because I ran cross country in the Philadelphia area and still have less than fond memories of Parachute Hill at the old Belmont Plateau.

Regardless, I stroll in about 5 till nine on a Monday night wearing my McNabb jersey. The bartender (Bart) immediately gives me props, and I notice a guy wearing a #12 (Cunningham) jersey. He insists that the bartender pour me a "green" lager, and it turns out the guy is Scott, the owner.

They give me a menu, but I'm only there to drink beer, so I continue on my merry path. I'm seated next to a Central '93 product and a black fellow named Chadwick, who also happens to be a MSC Reserve Officer in the Army. We get along great. In fact, I get along fine with everyone until this one dope starts rambling off about "Vick Fever." This Indian guy, who didn't know his rear end from a hole in the ground, starts analyzing every play and is mixing up everything from McNabb and Vick's name to ... well ... that should say it all right there. Needless to say, I had to listen to that aceclown the whole night.

Fortunately there was a feisty Eagles Chick in attendence. I was impressed. This girl not only knew Rick Buckholter's name, but she was correcting me on player numbers and such things. I of course blame my errors on heavy drinking. Thank god she was there, other wise I would have had to drown myself in alcohol. Using the old Philly spirit, she and I connected for a few crucial plays (i.e. some defensive stops and the clutch time out), but as you all saw - it was for no avail.

We concluded that the blame went 5-2-81. In that order. Two missed field goals made the difference. And for us guys who bet on the game, it actually made the spread.

As far as Eagle's Bars go, I would have to give this place a thumbs up. Any place in the world where you have a girl yelling at a TV about Jim Johnson's game prep is a place you want to be as a fan. And tack on the $3 Yuengling drafts (which ran out and became $3.50 Sam Adams), it's a good place to be.

If you're in the DC area, and you're looking for an Eagles bar, ditch the Rhino/BoSox crowd, and hit Ventnor Sports Cafe in Adam's Morgan.

Pros:

Eagles Fan owner, staff, and clientele.

Knowledgable fans.

Fair beer prices for Adam's Morgan district.

Decent food menu.

Cons:

Like anywhere else on the East Coast, it has haters that mock Eagles fans.

Apparently the Falcons fan was a friend of the owner, or at least a big customer.

There was a guy in a Pat's cap, but he kept his mouth shut.

BillyHack

I will be stationed at Portsmouth Naval hospital...Gonna live in Chesapeke or VA Beach..Wont know until I get there, but are there any Eagles fan clubs or places where Birds fans get together there...If not lets get something going!!!

Eagle_smiley.jpg 4.5 Hours from Philly...Im coming home!!! Eagle_smiley.jpg

4423146[/snapback]

philly native here, (northeast, frankford and academy)

best place to watch eagles games are "mels" indiana river and ferrell parkway. eagles fans pack the place when games aren't locally televised. good crowd and cheap food. bartender karen is from philly, so eagles alway get best t.v in the place every game. see you there

ohmy.gif

I never even thought to ask you your screen name!!! sideroll.gif

I've also never been described as fiesty. I'll take it though. towel.gif

I'm probably going back on Sunday...are you??

For those in Loudoun or near Sterling/Ashburn.  Is there a place we can all get together?  I just cancelled the Sunday Ticket because they wanted $310 for the package plus HD.  I'd rather go to a bar!

4171133[/snapback]

I live in Herndon and I have gone to Champps in Reston and Hard Times in Reston is a good place to watch now that they've renovated. I'm still trying to find a good place to watch the games. Bungalows in Shrilington turned out to be a Steeler bar. It was kinda weird being the only one clapping for Philly. blush.gif

Roanoke VA here.  biggrin.gif

4163642[/snapback]

It sux being an Eagle fan in Roanoke, I lived in Smith Mountain Lake for a year and they wouldn't show any games there or in Roanoke. It was a good feeling to come back home to NOVA. Hope you have sunday ticket. biggrin.gif

I live in Herndon and I have gone to Champps in Reston and Hard Times in Reston is a good place to watch now that they've renovated.  I'm still trying to find a good place to watch the games.  Bungalows in Shrilington turned out to be a Steeler bar.  It was kinda weird being the only one clapping for Philly.  blush.gif

4717208[/snapback]

I go to Champps eveytime the Eagles aren't on TV down here. Which place is better to watch the Eagles game Champps or Hard times? Are there alot of Eagles fans at Hard times. I live right up the street from it so if it is better than Champps I will check it out. Champps used to have at least 10 Eagles fans there every week and we out numbered all other fans including skins fans but last year it dropped alot and the Eagles fans weren't represented there for some reason. Maybe if we can get some Eagles fans in the area to go to one of those places we can run the place and represent the Eagle Nation proudly.

at least 10 Eagles fans there every week and we out numbered all other fans including skins fans but last year it dropped alot and the Eagles fans weren't represented there for some reason.

4724647[/snapback]

They all went to the rhino