Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wayne1126

VIRGINIA

PM me when you are ready; I'm about 20 minutes from there.

6920039[/snapback]

I will let people know when it's going to happen and if something like this could work. I do want to see if the neighbors are cool enough where if I had 5-6 people watching the game they won't start to complain and think I am one of those neighbors that will be a problem. But of it works out then I have no problem having Eagles fans over and watching the games instead of them going to the bars. I don't know alot of Eagles fans down here so unlike some people out here I don't have a full house yet. Any single, female Eagles fans of course are always welcome.

I don't post very often... obviously... and just found this section of the BB for Birds fans in VA.

Why don't we all agree on a Loudoun/Herndon/Reston bar to take over on Sundays for Birds games?

Now, a good deal of the area bars are Skins bars of course, but I think if enough Eagles fans show up at a single place for two weeks straight those bandwagoners will just pack up find somewhere else to go.

I know of:

O'Faolins, Glory Days on Dranesville, Fox Chase Tavern, Bungalow Billiards in Cascades, Champps in Reston (which is right near Philadelphia Mike's -- the closest thing we've got around here)...

I just hate going all the way down to Rhino's from Sterling.

I don't post very often... obviously... and just found this section of the BB for Birds fans in VA.

Why don't we all agree on a Loudoun/Herndon/Reston bar to take over on Sundays for Birds games?

Now, a good deal of the area bars are Skins bars of course, but I think if enough Eagles fans show up at a single place for two weeks straight those bandwagoners will just pack up find somewhere else to go.

I know of:

O'Faolins, Glory Days on Dranesville, Fox Chase Tavern, Bungalow Billiards in Cascades, Champps in Reston (which is right near Philadelphia Mike's -- the closest thing we've got around here)...

I just hate going all the way down to Rhino's from Sterling.

6920681[/snapback]

I used to go to Champs and there was about 12 regular Eagles fans there each week. Last year people stopped showing up and I went to Glory Days in Reston and found quite a few there so that is where I decided to go. So if anyone is going just let me know when and we can say Hi. Like i said in a few posts back I am moving soon and will be getting NFL Sunday ticket so if I meet some cool folks at the bar I wouldn't mind having them over once I get Direct TV provided they understand that they must contribute something like food/drinks/snacks whatever. Call it the price you pay for not having to be stuck with other fans teams fans around you.

I was thinking if say someone has some special dish they good at they could bring that, if you don't then there is always beer, snacks and whatever else feel would add to a good time.

I hate Philadelphia Mikes and will never go there again after the way the treated me. Long story but lets just say you don't treat a customer (from Philly) the way they treated me.

I used to go to Champs and there was about 12 regular Eagles fans there each week. Last year people stopped showing up and I went to Glory Days in Reston and found quite a few there so that is where I decided to go. So if anyone is going just let me know when and we can say Hi. Like i said in a few posts back I am moving soon and will be getting NFL Sunday ticket so if I meet some cool folks at the bar I wouldn't mind having them over once I get Direct TV provided they understand that they must contribute something like food/drinks/snacks whatever. Call it the price you pay for not having to be stuck with other fans teams fans around you.

I was thinking if say someone has some special dish they good at they could bring that, if you don't then there is always beer, snacks and whatever else feel would add to a good time.

I hate Philadelphia Mikes and will never go there again after the way the treated me. Long story but lets just say you don't treat a customer (from Philly) the way they treated me.

6921119[/snapback]

I've been to Champp's for some games here and there, but usually they're pretty much mixed with just about every type of fan rooting for just about any team you can think.

Where's the GD's in Reston? I'd certainly go there for some games this year. I used to go to the one in Fairfax when I lived out there... great place to catch games (not many Bird's fans, but still a great place). The one on Dranesville is kinda small, but fun if you score a place to sit.

Shame PMs treated you bad. Them and Jimmy's Old Town Tavern have the best steaks you can score in this region. Shame Jimmy's is a Jill's bar.

I'll probably hit GD's in Reston for opening day. After we all meet up sometime then maybe it'll be a good idea to rotate peep's houses for games (granted it's on the tube - DTV will have them all, but the Birds will be on quite a bit this year on standard TV).

I've been to Champp's for some games here and there, but usually they're pretty much mixed with just about every type of fan rooting for just about any team you can think.

Where's the GD's in Reston? I'd certainly go there for some games this year. I used to go to the one in Fairfax when I lived out there... great place to catch games (not many Bird's fans, but still a great place). The one on Dranesville is kinda small, but fun if you score a place to sit.

Shame PMs treated you bad. Them and Jimmy's Old Town Tavern have the best steaks you can score in this region. Shame Jimmy's is a Jill's bar.

I'll probably hit GD's in Reston for opening day. After we all meet up sometime then maybe it'll be a good idea to rotate peep's houses for games (granted it's on the tube - DTV will have them all, but the Birds will be on quite a bit this year on standard TV).

6921360[/snapback]

Glory Days in the Fox Mills Shopping Center about 5 minutes from Champs. I watch the game at home when it's on regular TV and i go out to Glory Days when it's not. I go by myself and always wear an Eagles jersey so I am not hard to miss. If you there stop by and say Hi. I guess the best way to figure out who should come to my home when I get NFL Sunday ticket would to see if I meet some Eagles fans at the bar and see who I would want to hang out with on Sundays and go from there. I go to Jerry Subs and Pizza for my cheesesteaks because of what happened at PM. They were very rude and harassed me while I was eating.

I ordered a cheesesteak for lunch while I was at work and you have to fax the orders in so I told them to call em and verify the order and tell me how much it was. I only had 7 bucks on me and in Philly that would be enough for a cheesesteak and a tip. Well they never called so instead of knowing that I needed to get somemore cash to tip the driver they showed up and it turned out I had just enough for the order but not a tip. So I get calls from PM saying this is the owner and why did I stiff his driver. He called me I lair when I told him what happened and he pretty much called me a few times while I was trying to enjoy lunch. I never went back nor will I ever. I still don't know if it was the real owner or just the driver but since I called back to complain and the guy answered and said he was the owner I can only take his word for it. So I figured they lost alot of money from me since I love cheesesteaks.

That is why I will NEVER eat at PM's ever again.

Glory Days in the Fox Mills Shopping Center about 5 minutes from Champs. I watch the game at home when it's on regular TV and i go out to Glory Days when it's not. I go by myself and always wear an Eagles jersey so I am not hard to miss. If you there stop by and say Hi. I guess the best way to figure out who should come to my home when I get NFL Sunday ticket would to see if I meet some Eagles fans at the bar and see who I would want to hang out with on Sundays and go from there. I go to Jerry Subs and Pizza for my cheesesteaks because of what happened at PM. They were very rude and harassed me while I was eating.

I ordered a cheesesteak for lunch while I was at work and you have to fax the orders in so I told them to call em and verify the order and tell me how much it was. I only had 7 bucks on me and in Philly that would be enough for a cheesesteak and a tip. Well they never called so instead of knowing that I needed to get somemore cash to tip the driver they showed up and it turned out I had just enough for the order but not a tip. So I get calls from PM saying this is the owner and why did I stiff his driver. He called me I lair when I told him what happened and he pretty much called me a few times while I was trying to enjoy lunch. I never went back nor will I ever. I still don't know if it was the real owner or just the driver but since I called back to complain and the guy answered and said he was the owner I can only take his word for it. So I figured they lost alot of money from me since I love cheesesteaks.

That is why I will NEVER eat at PM's ever again.

6921457[/snapback]

Damn, that's suckin'. What a ****... yeah, a steak around here always costs a bit more than it should. Even Jim's Tourist Trap knows not to charge too much. Jerry's isn't too bad - you just gotta tell them they're smokin' crack with the mayo.

Good idea to check out the crowd prior to the house invite. You know how us Eagles' fans can be! I'll definitely be up at GD's in Fox Mill then for opening day! I'll have my McNabb jersey. My bro and g-friend will probably be in tow - I'll be wearing #5, my bro in #20, and my girlfriend will probably be in a throwback Arrington skin's jersey... you can't convert them all.

Can't wait to see all the Birds fans at the GD in Fox Mill then! E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Damn, that's suckin'. What a ****... yeah, a steak around here always costs a bit more than it should. Even Jim's Tourist Trap knows not to charge too much. Jerry's isn't too bad - you just gotta tell them they're smokin' crack with the mayo.

Good idea to check out the crowd prior to the house invite. You know how us Eagles' fans can be! I'll definitely be up at GD's in Fox Mill then for opening day! I'll have my McNabb jersey. My bro and g-friend will probably be in tow - I'll be wearing #5, my bro in #20, and my girlfriend will probably be in a throwback Arrington skin's jersey... you can't convert them all.

Can't wait to see all the Birds fans at the GD in Fox Mill then! E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

6921593[/snapback]

I will wear my green Reggie Brown jersey if they are wearing green and my white Trotter jersey if they wear white so I shouldn't be hard to miss.

(Sorry to pull a "Julius" on you here)

For all the DC/Northern Virginia residents, I just checked the extended TV listings, and FOX 5 will be showing the Eagles opener at Houston on Sunday at 1 PM, and the home opener vs. the Giants on 9/17, also at 1 PM. thumbup.gif

That's as far into the future as I can get.

(Sorry to pull a "Julius" on you here)

For all the DC/Northern Virginia residents, I just checked the extended TV listings, and FOX 5 will be showing the Eagles opener at Houston on Sunday at 1 PM, and the home opener vs. the Giants on 9/17, also at 1 PM. thumbup.gif

That's as far into the future as I can get.

6947310[/snapback]

sideroll.gif

I was just going to post that. I didn't know about the home opener but figured it wuld be since the Skins are playing on Monday night and our game is a divsion game. So it looks like I will be watching both games on regular TV to start the season. I am assuming when we play the 49ers I will have to go out to the bars. I can't wait till I get NFL Sunday Ticket and I won't have to check those sights again. Until then I will and let people know if you have to go out to watch the game.

Oh and not that I'm complaing that I get to watch the first 2 games on regular TV but how does the Skins get a Sunday night game the 1st week then the Monday night game the 2nd week?

Any Herndon/Sterling/Reston fans - was going to hit Glory Days in Reston at Foxmill; but now considering Fox Chase Tavern in Cascades.

Any fans in the region, stop by!

It's on Algonkian Pkwy, off of Rt. 7, towards Sterling, in the first shopping center on the left.

See you there!

I'm a PA native who now has to attempt to watch my birds while attending Virginia Tech in Blacksburg. Couldn't get the game here and had to get friends back home to give me commentary on what was happening as I watched the plays come up on cbssportsline.

Can now watch my Hokies but now have problems watching my Eagles. sad.gif

Any Herndon/Sterling/Reston fans - was going to hit Glory Days in Reston at Foxmill; but now considering Fox Chase Tavern in Cascades.

It's on Algonkian Pkwy, off of Rt. 7, towards Sterling, in the first shopping center on the left.

See you there!

6980992[/snapback]

I'll be going to Glory Days when the game isn't on regular TV. Until I get Direct TV when I move in November.

See you there!

6980992[/snapback]

Going this sunday as well, if any are interested and in/around the NOVA region... this is where I'll be.

See you there.

See you there!

6980992[/snapback]

I will be going to Glory Days in Reston if the thunderstorms aren't too bad. I will be wearing my Green Stallworth jersey so if you see me say hi or PM if your going and maybe we can meet there.

I am thinking of going to Glory Days.

Their website lists one in Fairfax - would that be further or closer to McLean?

I don't mind driving further if there will be some birds fans there...

To map it out, do I map to what they are lsiting as Sterling?

There is not one listed as Reston, and I am new to the area...

Don't quite know the lay of the land.

Help is much appreciated~!

I am thinking of going to Glory Days.

Their website lists one in Fairfax - would that be further or closer to McLean?

I don't mind driving further if there will be some birds fans there...

To map it out, do I map to what they are lsiting as Sterling?

There is not one listed as Reston, and I am new to the area...

Don't quite know the lay of the land.

Help is much appreciated~!

7106524[/snapback]

I just PMed you about this but it would be one in Herndon. It's in the Fox Mills shopping Center.

Any Eagles fans go to Hometown Heroes in Chesapeake? I was there for week 1 and there were tons of Eagles fans. They easily outnumbered any other fanbase. It was kind of cool with all the E-A-G-L-E-S chants.

I AM A LONG TIME EAGLES FAN LIVING IN VIRGINIA BEACH. OKAY IT SEEMS LIKE WE GOT ALOT OF EAGLES FANS IN THE AREA..NOW WHERE DO MEET TO WATCH EAGLES GAMES. I GOT MY EAGLES PENNANT FLYING ON THE PORCH. JUST TO NOTE I AM A PHILLY FAN PERIOD. FLYERS..PHILLIES...SIXERS..EAGLES...THE BIG FIVE COLLEGE BASKETBALL TEAMS..PENN STATE.... thumbup.gif

Any Eagles fans go to Hometown Heroes in Chesapeake? I was there for week 1 and there were tons of Eagles fans. They easily outnumbered any other fanbase. It was kind of cool with all the E-A-G-L-E-S chants.

7158834[/snapback]

I went to Hometown Heroes in Va Beach right around the corner from TCC junior college off Princess Anne Road like you are headed toward the Amphiheather. Watched the Eagles vs Packers. Not enough Eagles fans there though.

I went to Hometown Heroes in Va Beach right around the corner from TCC junior college off Princess Anne Road like you are headed toward the Amphiheather. Watched the Eagles vs Packers. Not enough Eagles fans there though.

7197656[/snapback]

Go to the one on Battlefield Blvd in the Great Bridge shopping center

Looks like those of us in Northern Virginia get to see the Eagles/Saints game this week. thumbup.gif

Sunday, October 15

This may change, though, because Washington is playing at home at 1 PM on CBS - I didn't think FOX could broadcast another game opposite the Redskins when the other net shows a home game. I could be wrong, though.

Looks like those of us in Northern Virginia get to see the Eagles/Saints game this week. thumbup.gif

Sunday, October 15

This may change, though, because Washington is playing at home at 1 PM on CBS - I didn't think FOX could broadcast another game opposite the Redskins when the other net shows a home game. I could be wrong, though.

7244342[/snapback]

Check Check the Fox Tv listings for the DC area. and it shows the Giants/Falcons game as of this morning. It could change since both the Eagles and the Saints are 4-1. If it's not I will try out Tokars blog and see how it is to watch the game online. You can check that link every Monday to find out of it will be on Fox down here.

Check Check the Fox Tv listings for the DC area. and it shows the Giants/Falcons game as of this morning. It could change since both the Eagles and the Saints are 4-1. If it's not I will try out Tokars blog and see how it is to watch the game online. You can check that link every Monday to find out of it will be on Fox down here.

7245500[/snapback]

I e-mailed the guy who runs Gribblenation, and he responded (see below) saying that FOX Sports has the Eagles game as being shown in DC, even though FOX5 DC has the Giants game in their listing.

Stay tuned.

Since Fox has no 4:00 games this week due to their baseball doubleheader, they're allowed to show a 1:00 game everywhere. (For what it's worth, CBS got the same exception in Week 1 when they showed U.S. Open tennis at 4.)

However....the website of the Fox 5 in DC says they're showing Giants-Falcons. Fox's national website still says Eagles-Saints, but I'll wait for confirmation from other sources before I change it...

JPK