Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wayne1126

VIRGINIA

Eagle_smiley.jpg HARRISONBURG here, been an EAGLES fan since 1976;was SUPER HAPPY when hometown guy #56 Akeem Jordan signed with my team!

I'm from that Metro area been a eagles fan eversince boyhood!

I don't care about being in "DEADSKIN LAND" either, these redskin

fan's don't bother me at all what ever they say about my team

hey I got more give back at them GO EAGLES BABY ! Eagle_smiley.jpg

Hey everybody, I'm currently living in San Antonio TX and absolutely hate it. This place is like that dumb drunk guy that you keep punching dead in the face and when he comes to he comes back to get punched dead in the face again. I gotta get out.

My employer has openings in Norfolk and I'm thinking of possibly putting in for a transfer.

Any thoughts on life in Norfolk?

No way I would ever live in Norfolk. Now if you don't mind driving 15 minutes to work, living in Chesapeake would be a damn good idea.

No way I would ever live in Norfolk. Now if you don't mind driving 15 minutes to work, living in Chesapeake would be a damn good idea.

well I drive over half an hour now, so that would be no big deal.

what's so bad about Norfolk?

The only downfall to the whole Tidewater area is the traffic. The highways are the biggest cluster F that I've ever seen. Other than that, not a bad area.

The other poster is correct, though. Most people don't live in Norfolk anymore. Most live in Chesapeake and Suffolk.

I just moved to Richmond from Raleigh, NC and I travel to the Tidewater area all the time with my business. Overall, I'm pretty happy with VA all around, for what it's worth.

I really cannot name one legitimate area in Norfolk that I would feel safe living in. Maybe an apartment or condo in the downtown area but that is probably going to be pretty expensive. Also I don't know your situation whether you are married, have kids, or planning to settle, but Norfolk is just not a place I would want for my kids to grow up in.

I really cannot name one legitimate area in Norfolk that I would feel safe living in. Maybe an apartment or condo in the downtown area but that is probably going to be pretty expensive. Also I don't know your situation whether you are married, have kids, or planning to settle, but Norfolk is just not a place I would want for my kids to grow up in.

yep, married with kids.

That's odd, other than D.C. I've never heard of an "unsafe" area of Virginia. Thanks for the info.

Grew up in Chadds Ford, PA...moved to VA for college in 1996...stayed for work.

Forest VA, just west of Lynchburg, one hour from Roanoke.

For the Eagles fans in Richmond Virginia, I will be out with ESPN Radio at Shula's 2 in the Sheraton Richmond West Hotel for the Draft and i'll be giving out prizes too.

I'm in Western branch --what part of Chesapeake?

I'm in Western branch --what part of Chesapeake?

I'm in Hickory.

Yorktown, Va.

Go to school at JMU in Harrisonburg though, so I loved seeing Akeem Jordan make the 53 man roster!

I'm going to be a Sophmore at JMU in the fall.

Recently relocated to the Richmond area.....would definitely be up for meeting up for a game or 2 with some fans in the area.

If anyone knows of any bars where a lot of fans go, please let me know.

Newport News-Lee Hall Eagle fan here!

@voodoochile

As someone who recently moved from SA to VA, I would definitely recommend making the move. We hated San Antonio. The roads, the people, the culture, the Spurs, the smell...just about the only thing we liked about it was the weather. That place is seriously a dump, and we lived in the nicer area (NW side). I've never seen another city where everything was so crappy. Sure, downtown is pretty clean, but that is just because it is a tourist town.

Moving to Hampton Roads was great for us. You say you have young ones and the schools here are much better than San Antonio (Hampton, Poquoson, Yorktown, N Newport News anyway...don't know much about the southside). Traffic is a ****, especially if you go through the tunnel, but for me that isn't such a big sacrifice to get out of SA.

Sure, there are 'skins fans here, but I can tolerate them much more than 'boys fans. San Antonio Cowboy fans have to be the worse. They are Spurs fans 100% and the only time you see Cowboy anything is when they're winning, otherwise they could care less.

Hey everybody, I'm currently living in San Antonio TX and absolutely hate it. This place is like that dumb drunk guy that you keep punching dead in the face and when he comes to he comes back to get punched dead in the face again. I gotta get out.

My employer has openings in Norfolk and I'm thinking of possibly putting in for a transfer.

Any thoughts on life in Norfolk?

Norfolk is night and day compared to Virginia beach so I suggest if you do transfer here with your job live in Va bch and commute. The only bad part is dealing with the traffic but other than that it is good. Lots of us Eagles fans here!!!!!

Norfolk is night and day compared to Virginia beach so I suggest if you do transfer here with your job live in Va bch and commute. The only bad part is dealing with the traffic but other than that it is good. Lots of us Eagles fans here!!!!!

I'm in the metropolis of Poquoson. I am a 30 year fan and you'll know me on the road because of my plates

EGL FAN

Been holding down Fairfax City to Arlington for many years. Now I've got Annandale in check. Actually I think there is another Eagles fan in Annandale. That's it. 2 of us.

Arlington had a few and there are some in DC. Oh and there are some in Woodbridge.

Where does anyone watch games in Fairfax County?

From Pa, 16 years Navy...moved to MD for one tour, back to Hampton Roads area...(Northern Suffolk). I will miss the last two years of season tickets..

born in philly raised in big stone gap virginia but brought my love for the eagles with me seems im the only fan in the town i know of

born in philly raised in big stone gap virginia but brought my love for the eagles with me seems im the only fan in the town i know of

most are probably seattle or nyj fans now. Big Stone Gap is the hometown of NFL rb's Thomas and Julius Jones, and also is where my high school football coach came from many many years ago

yep, married with kids.

That's odd, other than D.C. I've never heard of an "unsafe" area of Virginia. Thanks for the info.

Ricmond is about as unsafe as it gets!